New Series: #WigWednesdays

More into fashion? Watch my haul, lookbooks, and styling videos below:







You're probably scratching your head and wondering, "You changed your hair...again!" Well, you're correct. I've been protecting my curls through little to no manipulation by wearing wigs. I simply cornrow or flat twist my hair underneath and throw a wig on in the morning. Before you freakout, let me answer some questions you may be wondering:

1. "Are you ashamed of your natural hair?"
No, not at all. I love my natural hair and would never want to damage my curls by straightening them. I am wearing a protective style (the wig) so I will not damage my curl pattern but to switch up my style.

2. "Why not get a wig your hair texture?"
I currently have 3 curly wigs already and will place an order to buy more, however, I wanted to see what I would look like with straight hair. Personally, straight hair is fun but curly is more my style. 

3. "Are you trying to be white?"
 If you've followed me for a while, you know I like to change my look often. No identity crisis but I'm simply having fun. Also, I'm honestly lazy with doing my hair as my schedule has not allowed me to spend as much time with it as I need.

If you seen any of my natural hair videos then you know what I'm talking about. My wash day is roughly about 3-4.5 hours, excluding deep conditioning overnight. Yes, it takes quite a long time but this allows me not to do my hair for about 2-3 days until mid-week wash routine. Wednesdays wash routine does not include deep conditioning.

This has given me the flexibility to wash my hair every other week! However, when you wash and manipulate (play in your hair constantly) you are causing unnecessary knots and tangles, which causes shedding; on top of stripping your hair of it's natural oils that moisturizes your hair.


Now that those questions are answered, I'm excited to this new blog series: #WigWednesdays. I'll be showing you some new wigs that I am trying out, how to style them, and some overall thoughts on them. So, first up is the Sensationnel Stocking Cap Quality Custom Lace Wig - YAKI 30. If you'd like to read a proper review leave a comment down below.


Not into wigs? Watch my natural hair playlist below:




What's your favorite hair style for spring?

xoxo, Debby

Follow